https://forum.albiononline.com/index.php...Changelog/

Some really promising stuff, especially the resources stacking to 999
12-09-2015, 02:00 PM
RE: Albion Online Patch
Damn you. I was going to post this..

[Image: FEARFLEET.jpg]
12-09-2015, 04:04 PM
I am a little concerned this game will lose its staying power fast. I was doing some PvP today and I lost a few bags and won a few bags. Overall I had fun, but because so much gear breaks you would have to win 75% of your fights JUST to break even (assuming even gear). So unless you zerg a lot, PvP will drain your silver fast. Also the second you kill someone everyone on the tile tries to kill you. So it's pretty much not worth it. It's also not worth it to farm in red zones unless you're zerged up... So I'm not sure how this game is going to survive. I killed someone today who had killed me earlier and still had my loot on him... I got one piece of my loot and one piece of his loot and everything else broke. Sad

Findog Bear
12-10-2015, 01:37 PM
I think things will be okay, Eve has an extremely similar death system where when you die your ship is completely gone at ~half (maybe more?) of the stuff attached to your ship is also destroyed, the rest is lootable.

One of the problems right now in terms of T5+ items is lack of supply but huge demand.

Also, PvP being at least slightly inefficient makes for a good silver sink without it being something silly. Forcing people to go out into the world also presents better PvP opportunities.

I do agree with your fear about zergs though. Right now it is basically impossible to solo farm in red/black zones unless you get pretty lucky. However, farming in at least a medium group with some good AoE you can hold off/get away from zergs, unless they are super big.

Also even with like 10+ people you can just plow through T6 and T7 camps for over 100 fame per mob, not too shabby. But they're re-working all the fame stuff anyways. I still have pretty high hopes for the game, especially considering that they're also wanting to add a LOT more zones, should help spread out the population.
12-10-2015, 09:21 PM