Username:  
Password:     
Register Help Member List View New Posts View Today's Posts

late game carry vs early game carry
late game carry vs early game carry
So I'm trying out the later game carries in dota 2 like void ( chrono ), etc.
ones that require a few items and farm to get awesome.

Problem is when I pick these the opposing team will go with early push heroes like lycan ( guy with 2 wolfs fast ), ursa etc and they usually start ganking and dominating late early to mid and beyond.

I see it in some other games one of the guys will be using anti-mage and while using that he can't get the farm up because his team is getting nailed by earlier pushers.

So why do they put those heroes in then?

It kind of sucks you can't do a fun hero like that.

I suppose you need your other 4 guys to help babysit you so that you can get power and they'll avoid ganks just so you can reach that level and begin ganking.

What is your perspective on this?
05-10-2012, 04:15 PM
RE: late game carry vs early game carry
well I dont know in dota 2 but lycan sounds like war beast(hard carry) < he is a hard carry in hon not really considered a pusher... Tho he can push decently with his howl and his dogs. Pushing is easily countered with team ports.

However on top of team ports you need to have a useful team. Which usally means you need some decent aoe dmg with some good stuns... IE: Pyro (he's got really good aoe dmg with a nice stun. Low levels they wont be able to push because pyro can nuke the enemy creep wave instantly). Theres more heros like that for example midas(he might be a hon hero)...

I think you get the point tho.
05-10-2012, 04:54 PM
ok so you're saying basically to utilize those hard carries you need teams that could handle early game and let you farm.

thanks
05-10-2012, 05:05 PM
Fat Offline
Basically.

Pick a hard carry with an escape (i.e. anti-mage/void/clinkz/bounty) if the rest of your team has a strong early game/push presence. Puck/lina/lion/tiny etc.

Hard carries do well when paired with high magic damage teammates because magic damage/abilities dominate the early game, while auto attack damage and big ults (like void's and Anti-mage's) dominate the late game.

Just make sure your teammates have picks that can support you the first 5-7 levels then hold their own in most fights without you. Always have a port stone on you just in case they need that little extra help, but honestly you can kind of ignore most early fights and focus on farm. Watch some pro anti-mage/magebane games, they will avoid most teamfights early and opt to farm, then they obliterate when they finally show up and have twice the farm of anyone else.
05-11-2012, 12:56 PM
Fat Offline
Larm, you should look into a champion like queen of pain/wretched hag. They require some practice to really do well with, but they dominate early due to 3/4 abilities being dmg spells, have an escape so they're difficult to gank/escape from, AND just by nature of the abilities and escape, you can build nullstone & hellflower, then every item after that can be a typical hard carry item like savage, crit, etc.
05-11-2012, 01:03 PM
ok i'll try queen of pain.

last yesterday my friend and I did the following:

I played naix/lifetsealer which is like a guy who when hits drains energy/reflecs it back to hurt and gets more hp. He can go into monsters. He has this kick ass slow which makes people 80% speed.

My friend played skeleton king which is like amon-ra but no meteor ability and instead a stun. So he comes back to life like amon but can stun. He's a stunning turret.

We would find a guy, stun him then slow him then slowly kill him. It was awesome fun.

I'll try playing some team up involving wretched hag/qop + ______ someting.
05-14-2012, 07:12 PM
The beauty of QoP is that you don't need a combo with him, although teams with AoE skills definitely help her out. Picking up heroes like Tempest (Enigma) and Keeper of the Forest (Rooftrellen, assuming he has been added) give QoP an easy way to lineup multiple kills with her ultimate. If you want another fun lane, picking up the combination of Pyromancer (Lina) and Magmus (Sand King) gives a very strong double stun lane to two heroes that do well into mid and late game.

MadPsycho: HoN Flex Player
05-14-2012, 07:30 PM