Username:  
Password:     
Register Help Member List View New Posts View Today's Posts

I don't teach special ed students in real life, but playing dota 2/hon....
I don't teach special ed students in real life, but playing dota 2/hon....
Kind of makes me feel otherwise.

I have never seen one game in my life reveal how full retard people can be when forced to play together. How people can not alter their strategy to win, or be creative in playing a game. They think if they follow the guides they win. No creativity or altering in strategy.

It's the first game where I have outright called someone a retard over coms.

But it helps me learn how to deal with these people, so I just put them on ignore, or just laugh at it and make jokes..... Now I can watch adults or teenages throw themselves in front of a bus and laugh at it, because I see it in dota 2/hon.

Renee shows an autistic Jim what getting owned is like.
05-29-2012, 11:57 AM
RE: I don't teach special ed students in real life, but playing dota 2/hon....
I'm going to have to agree with you. DotA2 experiences that problem a little more with how the matchmaking system there works, but in HoN things rapidly improve after the 1700 mark (maybe even 1750 mmr). It's not until the 1800s that stupidity really dies out, but unfortunately having other people to play with is a requirement at that level, otherwise the queue length is long, to say the least.

Dota2 also has no way to discourage idiocy or straight up leaves, unlike HoN, so there is less of a deterrent to being a fuckwad. The only way to truly get your team to do anything resembling teamwork is to become a leader, and you've got to inspire them first with your skill.

MadPsycho: HoN Flex Player
06-02-2012, 11:05 PM