Username:  
Password:     
Register Help Member List View New Posts View Today's Posts

Feary Class help
Feary Class help
Woot*

[Image: FEARFLEET.jpg]
09-15-2014, 10:38 PM (This post was last modified: 09-16-2014 02:36 PM by FearBytes Bear.)
RE: What Server?
Nevermind Smile

Any class recommendations?

09-15-2014, 10:41 PM
For any other scare bears that might try out AA today, we're playing on Kyrios.

We're part of the "west" faction meaning you'd have to create a Nuin or Elf to play with us, otherwise you'd be on the "enemy" team.

If you're interested in finding out more about classes you can check out any of these links:

http://archeage.gamepedia.com/Classes

http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthrea...n-Archeage

http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthrea...-Tier-List
09-16-2014, 11:59 AM
I hit level 12 or 13 yesterday. I've picked Archer, Shadowplay, and I've left my third empty.

Anyone want to convince me what to choose for my third?

09-16-2014, 12:24 PM
In my opinion, Auramancy or Witch would be your best 3rd school. Aura will give you extra mobility and CC breakers. It's probably the best school to drop 5 points into in the game. Witch could give you a couple extra offensive CC options as well as a solid root in the form of earth's grasp (which also happens to combo nicely with shadow).

Other decent schools could include Defense or Vit... although I dunno how good vit would be. Mirror Light is really good but I'm not sure what else you'd take. Defense would be decent if you were fine swapping between 1H shield and archery. You probably won't have too many points to invest in Defense but the Bash + Bull Rush combo is solid.

Aura - defensive, safe, super solid build (also super FoTM but I dunno if you'd care about that)
Witch - somewhat more offensive/risky but still good
Other stuff - play if you want, might be good, might suck.
09-16-2014, 01:52 PM
Auramancy is quite tempting.

If I undestand how class switching works.. I could switch archery to battlerage down the road if I felt more melee inclined. (darkrunner)

Alternatively, I could roll witchcraft and be a trickster with the same option of switching archery for battlerage to make shadowblade.

Do you have any additional insight to archery+shadowplay+aura vs witch? Keeping in mind that I may/could always switch up archery for battlerage.

09-16-2014, 02:21 PM
RE: Feary Class help
Not entirely sure what you're asking in terms of insight.

As far as class switching this is how it works:

Each of your schools has a "level" (base of 10). You can talk to certain NPCs to switch any/all of your schools, at which point those schools allow you to pick any skills that you've unlocked - based on the level of said school. For example you need "level" 40 witchcraft for Banshee Wail. Eventually you'd be able to have lvl 50 in all of your schools, assuming you felt like grinding that much - or eventually played that much. So if you get to level... 30 and then want to swap to Battlerage you could, but Battlerage would start at level 10 (it'd level pretty quickly though) and gain XP as you gain XP.

Only schools that are "equipped" earn XP.
09-16-2014, 02:50 PM
Thanks for the school switch clarification. That is pretty cool if you keep your progress with the classes upon switching. So ultimately, you could max up everything and just pay the switch fee whenever you wanted a change of pace.

If I was considering switching archery for battlerage down the road, would you suggest auramancy or witch. (Darkrunner or shadowblade)

I may really enjoy archery as the primary, just considering the best alternative if I swapped it for battlerage.

09-16-2014, 02:55 PM
Yeah, eventually you could max everything if you wanted to. Costs money to change specs though, so there is somewhat of a limit - sorta.

I'd probably pick aura if you think you might change. Aura is basically good with any/all offensive schools and most defensive schools. It's an amazing tree for PvP.
09-16-2014, 03:13 PM
Btw Fear, here is a video of one of battle/shadow/aura, it looks so fun to play:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11vBc73FO1o#t=35

The mobility is real.
09-16-2014, 03:21 PM